Thursday, January 20, 2011

Busy Bee






Now that we are done with Christmas and our ski trip is over, now I can focus on 2011! Happy New Year! Did I have any New Year's resolutions? Well, I want to be a better homemaker. I also don't want to shoot myself in the foot, so I haven't narrowed that down. Something happens to me every time we go on vacation. Whether it is a week or a weekend. I find the time to spend longer periods of time with the Lord for one thing. I think of the simplicity of removing ourselves from our busy life. How can I do that at home? Well, I have heard organization is the key. I am the most organized/unorganized person I know. I get grand plans and never follow through. I will read and read about it and never put it in place. However this is going to change. For the sanity of my family, schedule and myself.


I have been quite busy around the house. I have been so busy and super productive. All of the tasks are things already knew how to do, I just never make time or just didn't feel like it. I dusted off my sewing machine and I sewed and painted the trimmings of the the kitchen. Once you paint the walls you see the imperfections of everything else. I had picked up some fabric in New Mexico for JD. Star Wars! This hard to find, although I think it was just and old sheet set that appeared to be brand new. I made him pillow cases to match his comforter. I even made heart shaped meatloaf- which I already do yet I felt it was enhancing my new found homemaking skills. Holla!

On top of keeping the house super clean, I finished a project I had been working on. Being a stay-at-home/ educator of my children I am a working mom. I needed a manual to stay organized. It includes my cleaning list, chores for each of the kids, daily schedule, financial budget and billing, emergency numbers and list of babysitters. Also included are the kids schedule for sports and meal planning. I feel so organized and relieved. We already keep a desk size calendar on the fridge to keep up with everyones coming and going.

I take my job and privilege of being a stay-at-home mom very seriously. Eventually we plan on putting the kids back in christian school. But, the question I get often is so when and where are you going back to work. I plan on picking up a very limited part time job but who says women must go back to work while children are at school. My priority is to serve my husband, children, and home the way God intended me to. I am blessed to have a hard working husband that is able to provide for our family's needs without my income.

I thank God for the blessings we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment