Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Melissa's Little Alyssa





This weekend Georgia and I had the pleasure of hosting a baby shower for Melissa and Alyssa! Baby showers are always so much fun. She was still officially 33 weeks-too soon for Alyssa to arrive. Even though Alyssa seems to be in a hurry to see us all, Melissa was able to hold it off a little longer. You see, Melissa was no longer with child at her last shower. Ian decided to be there with her.

The day before the shower Melissa came with me while I got the last minute items. We had a great time together. I did question her when I was completely at the other end of an isle and she hadn't quite caught up.She would still be huffing and puffing, who knows how long I was talking to myself...lol. Contractions! But not regular enough to be concerned yet. Whew! Good.

Saturday, Georgia was ready to jump into action. She decorated the cake and I decorated and prepared for the games. The games were fun and the kids enjoyed jumping in to play. Mom made a beautiful diaper cake! They were quite blessed with many things. All the basics were covered. Ian told me today he even received a few gifts. I said,"really?". Yes, he explained that all the kitchen items are his because he is responsible for cleaning the kitchen. Heehee, Melissa, he officially volunteered to clean bottles!!

Alyssa's name means, kind, noble, and cheerful. We can wait to meet you Alyssa!!!!!

1 comment: