Monday, August 22, 2011



So, apparently I ate squirrel. As we were talking to some good friends of ours, Aaron casually mentions a time when he and some buddies of his tricked me and my girl friends into eating squirrel. Jenna and I went into town to do some shopping. He and the guys decided that since there weren't any dove flying to shoot, they would shoot some squirrels. Poor things... They cooked them and presented them as dove. We all ate them not knowing. Once we were done, he says they told us. I do NOT remember being told.

I had no idea!! Gross!!! I could go on and on about how grossed out I am. I have since learned that it is not uncommon. I poured out my woes to my grandpa. He assured me that I would be okay. He said, " Amy, it has been two years and you have not turned into a squirrel." Thanks gramps.

I will definitely be raising an eyebrow every time those boys cook up some meat to share. I will never look at a squirrel the same.... the shame...heehee.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, Amy! It does appear that perhaps alcohol was involved...I'm just sayin'
    P.S. Craig used to joke with the kiddos that we were having 'squirrel nuggets with acorn dipping sauce' for dinner...we would laugh at this before, but now that he knows Aaron, I'll be on the lookout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.P.S.
    For whatever reason, I can only post comments as 'anonymous'...FYI, it's the Meissler 7!

    ReplyDelete