Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011 Summary


Every year Christmas is a big deal. It has been since the birth of our dear Savior, Jesus Christ! Praise the Lord! We kicked off our Christmas celebrations by praising his name in music. JD, Georgia, and I all play the handbells in our church handbell choir. We begin practicing our pieces in September. This year both the adult and childrens' choir did a piece together. What a blessing to worship together!!



 

Christmas Eve was spent with Aaron's parents Tim and Chris. We all gathered at their house for a great turkey dinner and shared gifts with each other. Georgia was super excited about her new hair dryer and Bop It game. JD loved his new lego set. Derek was super excited about his new memory foam pillow. Aaron and I recieved some much needed kitchen items.  Aaron got a really cool irish t-shirt and I got a much needed laptop case! Tim got some travel accessories and a sweater vest (which I later found out was made in Peru!) Chris got jammies and a new yoga mat. We had a great time and are in enjoying our new gifts! Thank you!!
After a wonderful time, we headed out to our Christmas Eve Candlelight service. What a beautiful service it was!! Full of singing and a great sermon! The service ended with each person (710 people!) holding candles and singing traditional songs as a reflection of our dear Savior's birth.
 Christmas morning awoke with great suprises!! Both JD and Georgia recieved Ipod 4Gs and Derek recieved a netbook from Santa. Aaron and I finally took the plunge and got a new TV!  After our gift exchange we got ready for church. After all, it is Jesus's birthday!! Aaron preached a great sermon that morning!

We then went to my mom's house and exchanged gifts. Alyssa and Marley got their very first Build-a-Bears. We (except Aaron) got Fiesta Texas season passes!! Aaron got a much desired chronilogical bible. Melissa blessed me with a minstry wives devotional and other well recieved goodies! It was super exciting to spend time with everyone and enjoy Alyssa and Marley's first Christmas!
  




Whew!! Still more to go!!  For dinner we went to my aunt Cathy's house. We ate the perfect Christmas dinner! I am one of those people that like to have the exact same meal every year made the exact same way. I look forward to this every year and I can ALWAYS count on the Scrimshire family to honor this tradition. We drew names for our gifts and each recieved some cool stuff. Aaron and I got an awesome game, Sour Apples to Apples ( we love that game). Georgia got a scrapbooking set. JD and Adam speak the same language. He got him a Star Wars light saber  that has not left his side. Derek got a gift card to Auto Zone.
The best part was seeing Grandpa put on a freaky UT beanie!! Sooo funny and kind of unexpected!!
 
 I am so blessed to have the family I have. Even though it is alot of driving around town, I wouldn't have it any other way. We are blessed that we are all together. We do have family in other states that we wish like crazy could be here with us. I love each of you and pray you have a Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment