Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We had an interesting but successful day





Today started by me stumbling into the pantry for cearal. Not only did I see cearal but a jug of milk was staring me in the face. Yuck! I put it away and opened a brand new jug to eat my cearal.

We got started pretty quickly. I wanted to stay on task because Georgia had her last gymnastics class that will be in the morning. I used to enjoy them being held in the morning and I still wish it could stay that way but her skill level needs to be moved to pre-team which is held at night. We are really proud of her. JD took the initive to take care of school work that could be done while he was waiting. He did a math test, spelling oral pre test and read silently. Go JD!

After lunch- which by the way I made homemade chicken fried steak fingers- yummy!
We completed science and English after. My favorite part was the kids were so excited to learn what the topic of creative writing warm up would be. It has been interesting topics. They catch their attention. For instance, What if elephants came to a picnic, or what if the kitchen cleaned it's self- they do the dishes, so this was personal. Other blessings are that I am recording grades and they are taking that seriously. Georgia is super competitive and I hope this will encourage her to do better.

I spent the rest of the evening in a meeting with the church on how to build up our small groups within the congregation and make them inviting to new members.

When we got home we found Derek deeply involved in homework. I wonderful sight in my eyes and heart! He was taking things very seriously. He even gave a lesson on Latin to help him study. I am all for that. I have never learned latin and Aaron was very informative to how this relates to our language. Cool stuff! I am proud of his effort! Keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a well-oiled machine! Great job Amy!

    Amy D. :)

    ReplyDelete