Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to Derek!





My oldest son turned 15 yesterday! Crazy! It feels older than last year- yes I know that is because he is older..ha. But, really I feel like it is a jump up. He started his weekend at a friend's house on Friday night and had a great time! Sunday we went to church as usual. That is the best day for your birthday to fall on. To begin the day praising the Father who made you, who knew you before you were born. Perfect.

Then we went to lunch at a restraunt of Derek's choice. Sam's Burger Joint has amazing burgers! We filled our tummies and watched the first half of the Cowboys game- which they later lost. Then we went home.

When the Cowboys game was over Aaron and I left to buy Derek's gift. If you read my earlier blogs or saw my facebook you would see we had NO time to get it sooner. Aaron and Derek had gone looking for guitars a few weeks ago and they had one picked out. It was just a matter of going and getting it. When we got home with it Derek was super excited!!

BUT, no time to hang around with it. Youth group/ CLASH was starting set up at 4:30. I don't exactly remember what CLASH stands for but it is a youth event once a month. It is brand new and that was the kick off night. The new praise band was to play. Derek played the drums. It was fun and instead of having a huge party at our house we compromised and I brought pizza to share at CLASH. It was alot of fun!

Soon he will have his permit and next year it will be his license. Only 3 years till he his 18 and gone for college. :( i'm already sad....everyone knows I don't have time to be sad. I need to pull myself together! HeeHee. I'm very proud of the son God has given me and I am continually blessed by him all the time.

Happy Birthday Derek!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Derek!

    Pizza at CLASH was probably the best party he could have wanted this year. Good goin, Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete