Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Smiling in the DPS office:)


Last night I made the last double check of all the bazillion forms the state requires for a learner's permit. This morning was nice and pleasant. This was definitely a morning that Derek was sweet as pie! Today was the BIG day!!!

Going to the DPS office is something I dread. It drives me crazy! I was excited but wanted to be as prepared as possible. I packed up plenty of school work for JD and Georgia to stay busy. The office is always so busy and crowded. Long lines and very interesting people, and germs are the first thing to greet you. Thankfully we got there just as they opened. We were number 45. I prayed that God would allow things to go very smoothly and we wouldn't have any problems with paperwork AND that he would do well on the test. He had lots of reports that the test was easy and he did practice however, he also had a couple of kids tell him what they failed on too. In the end, after much worrying on my part, he did great! He passed the test missing 4 out of 30. After he completed the test he had to get back in line to complete the whole thing. You should have seen him trying to hid how good he felt. HELLO! He still had to look cool. So with a muffled smile, he strutted out of the office after his first personal experience with the DPS!

Of course when we walked out he looked at me and asked if he could drive. I said, "No way!". Lessons start in the parking lot! One thing at a time Buddy! I love this part of being a parent. I get to watch him grow and learn right in front of my very eyes! This was a happy day indeed!

1 comment: