Monday, October 18, 2010

The Quiet After the Storm...

I know the saying is supposed to say the quiet be for the storm. Maybe there was quiet before the storm of last week but I don't remember...lol. I stated in an earlier blog entry that I fell and hurt my shoulder on Wednesday. I don't have time to be hurt. Life goes on with out my help or not. Wednesday was spent at the doctor then on the couch. Thursday was spent slowly for me as well. By the time we got home from JD's doctors appointment I was ready to keep pushing myself to move on. I moving around okay but I still had to miss hand bell practice. That's one of the highlights of my week! I love going to hand bells! There was no way I could ring a bell this week. I did however get to attend Mom's night out.-so fun. And then my weekend took off like a tornado!

Friday started with a park day with other homeschoolers, major grocery shopping, lunch with JD and Georgia at McDonald's, pick up Derek from school, Georgia had a friend spend the night,and date with my honey watching the Rangers play the Yankees- boo they lost- prob because I was talking smack.

Saturday involved a trip to the pharmacy, pick up roses for Georgia, pick up Aaron from work, go to Georgia's gymnastics meet, go to a pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins, to the feed store for hay, and then home to watch the Rangers play the Yankees-I kept my mouth shut till the game was over.

Sunday we enjoyed church and a relaxing day at home. Sundays are my favorite day of the week. A fresh start.

Today we went subject by subject retracing what assignments they completed while I was down. They were really good about keeping up. I was really proud of their math and language "homework". Thank goodness for routine! They have a routine everyday that we follow. They knew what and where their assignments were and got them done, asking for help when they needed it. JD finished of 3 books the Diary of a Whimpy Kid and well, lets just say Georgia got all sorts of art done..lol. I hesitated to give Georgia her grammar test today but went ahead and gave it to her. She helped me grade it anxiously. She was relieved to get a 90. "Few!!!", she said. (meaning whew!) I didn't have the heart to tell her she mispronounced it...lol, it was too cute!

I love my job!

1 comment:

  1. Amy,
    I don't know how you do it....a hurt shoulder, still driving, shopping, super-mom-ming it (okay, I made up that word)...I take a pain pill for my foot and sleep 2 hours after EVERY TIME! You are truly AMAZING, and I know your family appreciates you all the more for it:-).

    ReplyDelete