Saturday, January 8, 2011

Road Trip





Well, it has been a long wait but we are finally on the road! We saved for a ski trip in Ruidoso, New Mexico! Aaron's Uncle Eric and Aunt Deborah live there and offered us a place to stay. No arguments there:)We love being with family!! We waited till Derek got out of school to leave. He is already missing all of next week so we didn't want to take one more day but we also didn't want to take up a whole Saturday to drive. So, we took off around 3:30.

Everyone settled in for the drive. We had a busy day of getting the van loaded and other last minute details. School would have to be done in the van. So we took advantage of the daylight. Derek started off the drive- boy is it nice having a third driver! Aaron worked on his paper for his school work. Once Georgia was done with her work, she settled in with an audio book( I've said this before,it is a mom's secret weapon) she was set up pretty nice. Audio book, teddy bear, clock (why?) made her a happy traveler. I sat in the back with her. I put on my ipod and quickly realized that the tunes I have downloaded are not easy listening. I have music to jam out with! Can't do that with four other people concentrating on their own activities. - when I'm alone with my ipod, I am Mariah Carey, Martina McBride, and Carrie Underwood! I waste no time belting it out...lol. Oh well, I'll have to wait till I need to make a trip for something on my own:)

It was a long trip but halfway along the kids fell asleep and Aaron had no choice but to hear my chatter ALL the way...lol. Not really. We listened to a couple of pastors that Aaron thought would be neat to hear. Great choice! We finally got to Aaron's aunt and uncle's house around 12:30. (1:30 our time) We felt asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment