Saturday, January 8, 2011












We had our very first experience with snow today! Aaron has had a couple of experiences but this was amazing to do this as a family. The kids have never seen snow, and I haven't stepped on snow since I was in the 8th grade! This was something we were sooo looking forward to!

First, we went around town shopping. We got to go to one of my favorite antique stores. We all like to go because you never know what kind of treasures we will find. Derek found a really cool beanie, Georgia found a monkey, I found a soon to be surprise for JD (shh don't tell him). I found a cool towel to go with my new kitchen.

Then we went to all kinds of shops. I found a hoodie sweatshirt I wanted and the kids found other treasures too.

Next, we decided to drive up to the ski lodge and see what it was like and be familiar with the area. We noticed an area we could pull over and just play in the snow--for free!!!. We had a blast!! We found broken pieces of disks to sled on. Derek was brave enough to do it without a shirt. I was terrified of the roads. They are so windey and Definitely the best time so far! The laughter never stopped. I have pictures to share and hopefully some video!

Thanks be to God for the creation he has made. Thanks be to God for the provision of money to afford it. Thanks to Aaron for working so hard to pay for this trip. We are truly thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Roads are windey? Can I use that in my word games I play every day on my phone? Just teasing you. I like your journal. Nice presentation. Your trip looked amazingly fun. I love snow, too! Well, back to nursing my very sick dog. I'm so worried!

    ReplyDelete