Monday, February 14, 2011

Be My Valentine


I was asked not to long ago if I would be his Valentine! Oh, the invite made my day. In love all over again! My husband, the love of my heart, prince on a white horse, best friend...after all these years took the time to think of me and ask me to be his Valentine. Of course, I said, "yes!".

He worked on Valentine's Day, we had to make our date on a different day. We learned long ago to do this on a different day altogether because it is just plain easier. Restaurants aren't nearly as crowded.

We enjoyed a wonderful evening without children (perks of a teenage son)and people watching. We went to dinner at a delicious restaurant and indulged in lobster, shrimp, and fajitas. To top it off we had chocolate covered strawberries and wine! AND he stayed up to watch the grammys with me! I had that on the calendar weeks before we settled on our date night.

I fell in love with his loving, handsome, sweet man 12 years ago and we knew very quickly that we were made for each other. Only he could handle my wacky, dingy, and spontaneous personality. We balance each other out. God had and still has a wonderful plan for us. I love that God picked him out for me.

I love you, Aaron. I couldn't imagine a life without you. Thank you for being the tool God uses to keep me in check, love me for me, and being my best friend. I love you mostest;).

Hugs, kisses, and squeezes,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment