Monday, March 21, 2011

Mascot






Last year Derek heard that no one had tried out for mascot. He thought it would be really fun so he asked if he could try out. They said it was too late but he could try out next year. He has a great personality for it. So he worked long and hard on his project. He had to create a skit and music and make his own props. Aaron showed him how to mix his music. I helped him glue things on his props.

His theme was an Ipod. He included four apps and acted them out. Facebook- his status was "Ram Pride", Angry Birds, RockBand, and You Tube. Of course, it just doesn't do it justice if I explain it all. The practice-tryouts are completely closed. I shouldn't have even seen the skit. However, God opened a little window and I saw all I wanted:) It was soo neat to see him all decked out in his costume and doing the skit he rehearsed over and over. Hopefully, I will be able to get a picture and even a video to show off.

The day of the try out he was pretty nervous. There were 5 or 6 trying out for 2 spots. His buddy Matt was trying out too. I prayed that they would both make it.
Sure enough, they DID!!!! He was soo proud.

Today he will be saying good-bye to football. He now begins something new and fun. I'm so proud of you DEREK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment