Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break!





This last week was filled to the brim. My brother Alex came to visit us for the week. This is his Senior year and he wanted to do some fun stuff for Spring Break. Ian, my nephew, was with us for the first 2 days.

Monday, we went to Fiesta Texas. Keeping up with 5 kids at a theme park was something else... Alex was much more adventurous this time than a couple of years ago. The park was super crowded so we didn't get to ride as much as we would have liked to but, we each got to go on a few. I would say that Alex and Georgia got to do a little more because he was an awesome uncle and went on all the little rides with her.

Tuesday, Derek and Alex decided to take a ride on the Via bus to see downtown. Neither of them had ever taken the bus before. With lunch money in hand they set off to find downtown all by themselves. Derek tried to play a trick on me by calling to tell me they were lost in a terrible part of town. My heart dropped! Then he said he was kidding. Hey! That's not funny!

Wednesday, was just a day of running errands. I had a doctor appointment and then we took Alex shopping. We also did a little shopping to get ready for baseball. We closed the day with an evening Lent service at our church.

Thursday, Alex and Derek went to a friend's house to enjoy some time with the guys. Then they had to babysit as I went to Georgia's practice and then my mom's night out. With it being St.Patrick's day, Aaron was gone playing his bagpipes all night.

Friday was alot of laying around. We were all very tired and knew we had a very busy weekend ahead of us. I had alot to do but everyone else got to rest. Then I got to go spend time with Lori(Happy Birthday) and Melissa.

Time went by so fast. Alex got a good taste of how busy we are but it was great to spend time with him. I love spending time with family. We stayed up several times just talking. I love stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment