Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Road Trip Through Past and Future







I finally got to get settled back home and reflect on my road trip to Tennessee. I was super blessed to travel with my mom. It was the first time we have traveled alone together in many years. We talked literally the whole way up to Tennessee and all the way back. It was very strange because we are typically quiet and shy people. (sike!)We had no shortage of topics. I was reminded that mom has heated discussions with other drivers on the road...lol. And, we had to make many many stops for me to use the bathroom. We got to know her GPS pretty well and she even told us several times to "stay on highlighted route!" We went off roading in a field and mom proved she can drive her little car like a truck...lol. Her car was very comfortable and as far as I know we decided we were good travel partners!!I had soo much fun!

Our first stop in the past was an old cemetery (I don't remember the town). Mom was able to confirm information in her genealogy research and discover a new family member that didn't even have a name. Must not have lived long. One of the tombstones was tipped and halfway buried. We were able to clear out enough dirt to get dates. We decided we should purchase garden gloves and a spade in case we needed it next time. ( I recommended digging them up for an interview but mom didn't really like that idea- Trish look).

We then continued our trip to give our blessings to the future. We joyfully celebrated the wedding of Madison and Jeremy! The rehearsal was really festive and interesting to see a Mexican party since we are from San Antonio. Felt like home:) The bride and groom proudly wore there sombreros. The whole family was staying in the same hotel. I had so much fun visiting with everyone and catching up. I truly wish we all lived closer. The wedding was beautiful. I especially loved the vows! Makes me tear up every time. Our best wishes Madison and Jeremy!!! After the wedding we traveled to Brad and Mindy's and loved the time we got to spend with them. Although it was short we were blessed!

We concluded our trip with a stop at another cemetery. This was a bigger cemetery and thankfully was well kept. We were looking for the Scrimshires. There was no directory so we split up and began looking one row at a time. Mom found some before me, finally I found them!! It was pretty neat. Mom was soo excited!! She discovered what she was looking for which made the trip a success!!

We quickly raced home to get me home to a life that just doesn't slow down. After a 9 hour trip I was off to a softball party. While Aaron had to get to the church for a meeting.

Thank you Mom for an awesome trip and a much needed break. I love you and I will cherish this trip forever!!!

1 comment: