Sunday, September 26, 2010

This last week went by with in a blurr. Wednesday was exciting due to Derek's permit and we also have an estimated date to get the braces off!! Hooray!! Dr. says they should be off before the holidays. What a great gift!

Thursday was a marked day of school. I don't usually tell the kids about field trips until the week of the trip. This prevents the constent questions and also prevents major upsets when a field trip doesn't work out. We reserved that day for the Homeschool Day at Sea World! The kids were looking forward to it all week. We read all about the whales and dolphins and all kinds of other sea animals. So that day was all about seeing it in person! I was so excited and quite proud of myself. I was super prepared. I printed out all the confirmation email forms and activities, packed our lunches and snacks, packed umbrellas because it was supposed to rain, packed the camera AND extra batteries to be really prepared. With everyone properly dressed for the occasion and good breakfast what could go wrong?! Well......The first animals we set out to see were the dolphins. The kids could purchase fish to feed them and pet them-I remembered cash for that:)!- so, as Georgia is leaning in to feed them, a beautiful dolphin came right up to her. I aimed perfectly to take the picture and click. My camera gave me very bad news...no memory card. I left it in the computer after putting Derek's permit picture in it. Major Boo! JD and Georgia were completely occupied by those cute creatures. They didn't see the slight panic attack I was having as I texted Aaron. He encouraged me to calm down and take the pictures with my blackberry and he would help me get them on the computer. So, I took pictures that day with my phone. They are not the same but it wasn't the end of the world. Sea World was amazing and I felt so blessed to enjoy it with them.

BUT my day was not over. I had a much needed meeting at church at 3:30, then Derek's game at 5:00, then bell choir at 6:00, 7:00 I picked Derek up and dropped him off at his bible study.- His youth leader was wonderful to bring him home so I could be sure JD and Georgia got to bed on time.

Saturday we all went with the youth and volunteered at the San Antonio Food Bank. We helped pack up 1,000 lbs. of food. That was from 8-1, I got about an hour nap, and then did parking lot driving lessons with Derek for an hour and a half, and then did concessions at a varsity game from 6-I came home at 11ish.

WHEW!!!!!

I relied on the Lord for strength and energy, and good timing to get it all done. I fell in Aaron's arms for comfort for my heart and my feet( I got a wonderful foot rub). And I still feel blessed to be a part of all of this for my kids, my husband and most of all, my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment