Monday, October 4, 2010

Marco! Polo!






Sunday was a really cool family day! We started with church. I got to sit in Pastor Dan's sunday school class. He was on vacation and Aaron was teaching. I had never heard him teach before. All this time we have just been in different classes, so I sat in to listen this time. It was really great and I'm glad God has and is blessing his service and passion.

After that we all enjoyed our "brown enchilladas". This dish is usually on Sundays when everyone can be there to have them. We straightened up the house and headed out for our adventure.

We drove out to Hondo to the Corn Maize. Aaron's badge got us in free!! The kids got to jump on a massive moonbounce, play on hay bales (not new to them, play with water pumps and run around. We got to take a picture in a spot set up for that sort of thing. -one of the best of the five of us! The maize this year was in the shape of a picture of George Straight. We headed out together to see if we could figure it out. We did NOT get a map. There are numbered spots to at least tell you your going the right way. JD had a blast hiding around corners in the cornstalks and jumping out to scare us. I jumped everytime! What a stinker!! Georgia was enjoying being in charge of direction. She also likes to hide and see if anyone can find her. Derek walked around kissing the corn to make it whistle. JD called him a corn kisser and we just couldn't stop laughing- guess you had to be there. Anyway, after the 8th stop out of 10, Georgia wanted me to go with her to hid. She kept running and I ran with her. Then we waited for them to look for us. We waited, and waited, and waited. They didn't come.:/ So we decided to find our way back to them but then we got lost...lol. She did navigate us back to #6 but obviously that was backwards! Meanwhile Aaron and the boys got out. They heard us but we all couldn't see each other so we played Marco/polo to find each other. I could hear them but we couldn't figure it out. Georgia suggested we just run through the corn and I explained that is cheating. ( I was tempted)

Eventually we found our way out. We all agreed it was time to go home. We had a cool scenic route home! It was a great day. We love this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. I know its weird, but I have a phobia about mazes....Harry Potter 4 only added to that fear so kudos to your fam for braving it! I LOVE the pic...it would work for Christmas cards it's so good!

    ReplyDelete