Saturday, October 2, 2010

Marshall Homecoming 2010!








This week was homecoming for Marshall Highschool. Derek planned a couple of weeks ago and asked a friend of his from church to go. Rose accepted his invitation! He and Rose have been friends for a couple of years.

I went a few weeks ago and picked up the materials for making the mums. I learned last year that if you wait till the week of homecoming you lose out on all the stuff. School colors and ribbons and mascots are gone! SO...this year I bought it in advance. I, of course, waited till Thursday(the day of Derek's JV game) to make the mums. Derek and Rose didn't need them till Friday. JD and Georgia wanted to wear them to Derek's game. So we got busy- the neat thing was that Georgia and JD insisted on making their own! Part of me wanted the mums to be perfect(my way) but I enjoyed their excitement and the ideas they had. I made them last year so they knew what they looked like. They were so proud of them. It was fun! Georgia wanted to hot glue everything she could get her hands on! JD suprised me by wanted extra ribbon! I did not get pictures of this..boo. I was too busy working away on Derek and Rose's. I was really proud of them. Derek loved it! Rose enjoyed hers to but to be fair she is from the school we were playing against for the homecoming game! She was great! And she had plenty of Maroon on;)

MARSHALL WON!!!! 16-9!!

Fast forward to tonight>>> We spent the day running all kinds of errands, because my day doesn't slow down. But we were home by 4:30 and that gave Derek plenty of time to put his "swag" on. I had previously swapped babysitting with Angie and Dan, so JD and Georgia were hanging out with them. Derek was ready to go in perfect timing to pick Rose up on time. When we got there her mom and I took lots of pictures! I think they loved all the attention;) They looked awesome! Then we took off for dinner. We enjoyed dinner with his friends and their parents.

DEREK was the only one to successfully have a date for the event! I don't think those guys were turned down. I think they were too chicken to ask...ha. Oh well, they will all have plenty of fun! This explains why the picture is all boys and one Rose!heehee.

...and now I'm ready for the dance to be over, so I can go to bed....zzzzz...oh, right. I have to pick them up and take her home. I'm sure her mother would apprieciate that...lol.

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo! Homecoming is so much fun! (And it means fall has arrived...) So glad they won their game! And I think it's funny he took a girl from the rival team. Haha. He looked very handsome and she was beautiful for the dance. Hope you got some sleep!

    ReplyDelete