Monday, October 11, 2010

This weekend had it's fair share of hard work and blessings. Friday started out at the doctor for JD. He's not sick, but he's had some trouble with his feet. He has been complaining off and on about his heel. In one specific spot it's pretty painful. But, he's a pretty active kid and will complain and then go play and we think nothing more. Last week he was playing outside and twisted his other ankle. We decided to go ahead and get him checked out. He was referred out to a podiatrist. So he will see that doctor on Thursday. He will be able to answer other questions we have. Like why does he look like he is in pain when walking and running? Why does he walk and run flat footed and on the outsides of his feet? We see this more when he is wearing shoes than when he is in flipflops. So for now his pediatrician says for him to wear good tennis shoes and IB profen constantly till he sees the other doctor.

Saturday was nice. I got alot cleaned out of the garage. It was neat to see how much we had accumulated together over the years. I wasn't cleaning out old boxes of just his stuff or just my stuff. I don't know why I noticed that. It's amazing how much room we have. We might be able to fit a car in there...lol. Not likely. If you have seen our garage, it tends to be an area that stuff piles up untill we can't walk safely...:/. Some people can keep their garage nice and tidy all the time. How do they do that with kids? I probably should figure that out.....hmm along with the other hundred things I have to do. Anyway, we are enjoying our garage for now. Aaron had a free day for once so he, JD, and Georgia went to Poteet to dove hunt. I stayed home and finished the garage.

Once that was done Derek asked me to take him driving. Today we had to go in the truck. It's a standard! We have moved it around in a parking lot a few times so we felt comfortable to take it for a spin in the neighborhood! The first stop sign he did great! He didn't stall out or squeal the tires. We were so excited. The second brought us back to reality. We waved the cars behind us to go around and he tried again. The funny thing was that must have been garage sale day so lots of people watched him over and over restart and stall out. A truck of cute girls he knew from school passed him too, he blushed. After about an hour he was ready for a brake and I was too. He offered to take me to my favorite(his too) restraunt! I couldn't turn that down. Making it there had it's adventures too, so by the time we got there we were ready to STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE!...lol. We had a great lunch and lots to talk and laugh about. Thank goodness God watched over everyone on the roads...heehee.

I spent the rest of the evening quietly. Derek had movie night at church so I took him and dropped him off. I cleaned up a bit and got lots of laundry done. It was sooo quiet. I happily welcomed Aaron home when he was done hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment