Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Morning Part I







Well we woke up from our Christmas sleepover quite early. (Aaron had to work today so he had to be there by 8:45) We promptly decided that would have to be the last sleepover. I snore, unfortunately very loudly. Georgia and I coughed all night. Derek talks very loudly, some in words that you could understand but didn't make sense, some would be compared to speaking in tongues. Aaron arrived home late because he was in the late night Christmas eve service. So, he tried to fall asleep long after we had begun our noises. He couldn't take it so he went and slept on the couch.:(.

We began to open up the gifts under the tree and in our stockings! The excitement was intense to say the least. Our biggest gift as a family, that we have saved for is a ski trip in January! The gifts we opened this morning were small gifts that expressed our thoughtfulness of one another. I think JD's favorite was a Clone trooper helmet with a voice changer, Georgia's was her skinny jeans and new hot pink headphones. Derek loved his Marshall sweatshirt, pj pants and house slippers that he insisted on wearing them the whole day. Ya, we let him. Aaron's biggest gift is a therapeutic pillow. Mine was my painted kitchen that I can't stop staring at:). I loved the perfume aaron gets me every year. My Mary Kay consultant has my wish list and calls him to share my wish list and she takes care of it:)

We enjoyed our first ever Christmas morning completely by ourselves. It was very different and somewhat quiet. I cherished every moment of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment