Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tree Huggers







I asked Aaron to take the kids to Home Depot for a class just for kids. They get to build something new each month and it's free! So, he took the kids and it was wonderful for me because I got the house to myself. It was nice and quiet. I took the opprotunity to call my Dad and we got to talk for quite awhile. Aaron came home when they were done and told me to put my shoes on. He said, "you shouldn't have sent me to Home Depot". Huh? He brought home a tree!

We really needed a tree. A few months ago our big tree in the front yard snapped in a storm. It took out all our shade in our frontyard. He bought a red oak. I was amazed at how easy it was. It was hard work but not hard to figure out. We all worked together (including Ian) to dig the hole and plant it. It was a great way to bring us together on a project and will eventually pay off for some shade.

Thanks Honey for a great idea!

2 comments:

  1. Look at you!!!???!!! I love LOVE love blogging. Welcome, I hope you have fun....Facebook is just NOT for me. But, I have made wonderful friends over my blog. I'll treasure them forever. CUTE kiddos. I am excited to see you on here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good! What a fun project to do as a family, that you'll get to so clearly see the benefits of! I know that shade will be wonderful as it grows up. :)

    ReplyDelete